Anyone who’s ever lived in a shoebox apartment will tell you having an extra room is awesome. But sometimes, that extra room in your house, that would otherwise be an asset, becomes just a nondescript general storage room: boxes, old furniture, boxes, old clothes, sports equipment, more boxes. Here are cool ways to give that extra room in your house a new purpose.
Relaxation: Stress is a daily occurrence and an unavoidable part of the modern life. This is why having a special room where we can spend quality time unwinding is critical. Now you can literally go into your very own happy place when you’re feeling down.
- Reading – Classy shelves stacked wall to wall with literary masterpieces – what more could a bookworm want? Installing a cozy bed in the reading room is a great idea and will provide you with a great rest and entertainment combo that doesn’t require electronic devices.
- Meditation – Constant worry will inevitably take its toll on your health and beauty. Clear your mind of excess thoughts and emotions and re-establish that natural emotional balance in yourself with a simple and practical room where you can be one with yourself.
- Yoga – A room totally devoted to yoga will help you relax even more.
Fitness: We generally tend to neglect our bodies. Fitness should be actively pursued every single day in order to live a fulfilled life.
- Weight room – Pick them up and then put them back down – it’s the life of a weight. But don’t worry, weights don’t mind that kind of treatment at all. Resistance training increases muscle mass, which gives you a sensation of freedom and power. A room devoted to weight training will make sure you work out every day.
- Wall climbing – It’s silly, it’s goofy and it’s wonderful – rock climbing in your very own home is exactly what you need to put your day into motion. Though it looks like child’s play, rock climbing actually activates every single muscle in the climber’s body - it’s like swimming up a wall.